Despite my best efforts, we don’t have enough bodies to constitute a Club 2 4X+ at Carlow regatta (June 1st).
Therefore, I’m sad to report that the crew has been scratched from the draw.
I hope to be able to get the €30 entry fee returned. If I can’t, I trust you’ll give me €7 each, thanks.
Training as normal on June 1st (I will be at Carlow with the Men’s Club2 4X+, but you can take out the singles / doubles yourselves).
Remember also that we must all complete a 2K erg test before midnight on 5th June. Please record your time in the blue book (on page corresponding to June 5th). Club rules apply (i.e. you must use one of the ergs in our club-house, it must be witnessed, and there is no water-work after June 5th until erg test is completed).
- Metro Regatta will take place on Blessington lake on Saturday May 17th (all-day event).
- Regatta consists of a standing start, over a six-lane 1900m course.
- If we have the numbers, we will enter a Div 2 4X+ and a 2X. Please inform CD if you’re not available. Crew selection based primarily on attendance record.
- We will be rowing (preferably) in the ‘Maidir’ 4X+ boat and the ‘Deirdre’ 2X.
- Since Metro is part of the ‘Grand League’ series, each crew will get at least two races each. The series is designed to increase racing experience.
- Bring your Zephyrs/one-pieces, Suncream & size 10 spanners.
- De-rigging the boats will take place on Thursday 15th at 20:00
- Fees: 10€ per person per event, plus 7€ for boat transport fees.
- More details to follow (i.e. time of race, competing clubs, station, race number & travel arrangements).
Trinity regatta will be taking place on Saturday 19th April. The course will be closed from Friday early evening (to lay the buoys). Hence, there is no water training on Friday 18th or Saturday 19th April (though the erg’s will be available as usual!). Water Training will commence on Sunday 20th at 10:00 as usual. Here is a reminder of our training times until mid-August.
Mon, Tue, Wed,Thu @19:00
Fri @19:00 (This session is an optional ‘extra’ session)
Homework: Watch more TV…..
The 160th Boat Race will start at 5:55pm today. Coverage starts on BBC1 from 16:30
Oxford are targeting their fifth Boat Race victory in seven years when they face university rivals Cambridge on the River Thames.
The Draw for Neptune Regatta (5th April 2014) has now been published here.
As you see, there are 11 crews in total in our event “Womens Club2 4X+”
We are racing (#31) against Belfast RC at 08:24. If we win our heat, we will proceed to race again at 10:45 (#78) and then again in the semi-final (#103) at 12:00. The final will be at 13:24 (#131).
Please be down at the club house one hour in advance of our race (i.e. 07:24). Don’t forget your zephyrs / one-pieces.
Positions: Stroke: Michelle, three: Pippa, two: Jeanine, bow: Lia, cox: Samantha
WX forecast is calm, about 13 degrees, but with possibility of rain.
I’ll be collecting fees tomorrow night (38€ + €30 cox registration = €68) which works out as €17 euro from each rower.
This action-packed video will give you an idea of what to expect on 5th April whilst backing the quad onto the stakeboat.
Here is a message from the Captain
“Coaches could we please contact our crews and request for them to donate old mobile phones
for Cabinet to fit De-Fibilator [sic] in. As this is weekend for Dublin Head it would be an ideal
opportunity to push for our target of 100 phones.”