The annual Dublin City Triathlon will be held on Sunday 24th August between 8.30am – 1.30pm on the upper Liffey and in the Phoenix Park.
< See official notice below for further details>
There will be some disruption to traffic in the area and this may cause some inconvenience to your members. The traffic restrictions and alternative routes are set-out below and can also be found under the FAQ tab at www.dublincitytriathlon.com. In essence, some roads in the Phoenix Park and the Chapelizod Road, between the Chapelizod and Islandbridge gates, will be closed between 8.30am – 1.30pm on Sunday 24th August.
Piranha Triathlon Club will be marking out the swim course on Saturday 23rd August which will take place from the Garda Boat club to a point circa 750m up river from this point. This will involve the building of a floating pontoon at the Garda Boat Club and floating boom markers in the river over the length of the course.
Please can you advise if you expect your clubs to engage in training on the Saturday so that we can try and work with you in terms of the setting up of the course so as to minimise your disruption on the water. I believe in previous years we agreed to wait until 13:30 on the Saturday to begin building the water course.
Also, I would be grateful if you could advise your members of the above and apologies in advance for any disruption this may cause to your members over the two days. I would like to extend the appreciation of Piranha Triathlon Club for your understanding and support during this important event on the Triathlon Ireland calendar. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me on 087 412 0330.
The draw for Carrick is up: –
- Women’s Club 1X heats are scheduled for 14:45 (final at 16:48). Pippa (Lane 2) will row in the “Sam’s Boat”.
- Mixed Club 2X heat is scheduled for 10:51 (semi-final at 12:25, final at 13:54). We will be rowing in the “Fiacra” in Lane 1.
- Boat loading on Saturday at 13:00 (or tonight if you can’t make it on Sat).
- 8€ per race plus €7 for boat transport.
- CD is leaving the club at 06:00 (since I’m carrying the boats) – but you’re welcome to travel with me.
Here are the entries for the Carrick-On-Shannon sprints on Sunday, August 3rd 2014 –
Women’s Club 1 1X: PT (Annie )
Mixed Double: CD & PT (Deirdre)
Since the race is on a Sunday, we will not be loading the boats & oars until Friday, 1st August at 19:00 or latest Saturday, 2nd August at 13:00.
The draw has not been made yet. CD will be driving down (early) on Sunday with the trailer & boats – let me know if anyone needs a lift
Please bring your size 10 spanners, your rower registration cards and entry fees of 8€ per seat.
One last regatta before the Autumn break?
The club is trying to gauge interest and get an idea of numbers of rowers who might be interested in competing in Carrick-On-Shannon Sprints (Sunday, 3rd August 2014). Carrick is an informal non-status 400m sprint regatta held in the town center. There’s also a bar overlooking the stretch!
There are no novice-category events, but the whole purpose is just to gain racing experience. You can race 1X, 2X or mixed 4X.
Think about it and register you interest with CD before 9pm this Wednesday.
Here we go again ! By popular demand, Commercial Rowing Club will be hosting a Men and Women’s Novice Rowing Camp beginning on August 25th – and will continue for a few weeks. Please help spread the word. Contact Martina Bracken or Fergus Morris for booking and inquiries.
Check out our poster here: –
Remember also that we must all complete a 2K erg test before midnight on 5th June (tomorrow). Please record your time in the blue book (on page corresponding to June 5th). Club rules apply (i.e. you must use one of the ergs in our club-house, it must be witnessed, and there is no water-work after June 5th until erg test is completed).
You have to watch this epic battle video – its a textbook example of how mental toughness can win a race. Absolutely Brilliant Coxing (apologies for the profanities though).
PS: Many thanks to Michelle has kindly agreed to cox the Mens Club2 4X+ on Saturday in Carlow.
Despite my best efforts, we don’t have enough bodies to constitute a Club 2 4X+ at Carlow regatta (June 1st).
Therefore, I’m sad to report that the crew has been scratched from the draw.
I hope to be able to get the €30 entry fee returned. If I can’t, I trust you’ll give me €7 each, thanks.
Training as normal on June 1st (I will be at Carlow with the Men’s Club2 4X+, but you can take out the singles / doubles yourselves).
Remember also that we must all complete a 2K erg test before midnight on 5th June. Please record your time in the blue book (on page corresponding to June 5th). Club rules apply (i.e. you must use one of the ergs in our club-house, it must be witnessed, and there is no water-work after June 5th until erg test is completed).
- Metro Regatta will take place on Blessington lake on Saturday May 17th (all-day event).
- Regatta consists of a standing start, over a six-lane 1900m course.
- If we have the numbers, we will enter a Div 2 4X+ and a 2X. Please inform CD if you’re not available. Crew selection based primarily on attendance record.
- We will be rowing (preferably) in the ‘Maidir’ 4X+ boat and the ‘Deirdre’ 2X.
- Since Metro is part of the ‘Grand League’ series, each crew will get at least two races each. The series is designed to increase racing experience.
- Bring your Zephyrs/one-pieces, Suncream & size 10 spanners.
- De-rigging the boats will take place on Thursday 15th at 20:00
- Fees: 10€ per person per event, plus 7€ for boat transport fees.
- More details to follow (i.e. time of race, competing clubs, station, race number & travel arrangements).
Trinity regatta will be taking place on Saturday 19th April. The course will be closed from Friday early evening (to lay the buoys). Hence, there is no water training on Friday 18th or Saturday 19th April (though the erg’s will be available as usual!). Water Training will commence on Sunday 20th at 10:00 as usual. Here is a reminder of our training times until mid-August.
Mon, Tue, Wed,Thu @19:00
Fri @19:00 (This session is an optional ‘extra’ session)